Policy and Planning
Public policy can be defined as a system of laws, regulatory measures, courses of action, and funding priorities created by a government or public agency.
Public policy has a number of key qualities:
- Made in response to some sort of issue or problem that needs to be addressed.
- What government entities (like Home Forward) choose to do or not do about a particular issue or problem.
- Might take the form of law or regulation that governs a particular issue or problem.
- Made on behalf of the “public.”
- Intended to achieve a goal, such as the solution of a problem.
Use the links in the menu above to take a closer look at the way Home Forward addresses policy work.
Stephens Creek Crossing